Close Menu
GRASSROOTS PARROT
  • Home
  • News
    • Crime
    • Health
    • Education
    • Agric
    • Climate Report
    • Economy
    • Women Affairs
    • Special Reports
    • Africa
  • Investigations
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Environment
  • Sports
  • More
    • Entertainment
    • Opinions
    • Videos
    • Podcasts
    • Trending
  • About
    • Contact Us
    • Privacy Policy
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Facebook X (Twitter) WhatsApp Telegram
GRASSROOTS PARROT
Subscribe
  • Home
  • News
    • Crime
    • Health
    • Education
    • Agric
    • Climate Report
    • Economy
    • Women Affairs
    • Special Reports
    • Africa
  • Investigations
  • Business

    Tinubu Signs Tax Reform Bills Into Law, Targets Investment and Revenue Growth

    June 26, 2025

    Tinubu Set To Sign Tax Reform Bills Into Law, Promises Fairer Economy For Nigerians

    June 26, 2025

    Blackout Looms As Electricity Workers Give Strike Notice

    June 5, 2025

    Emir Sanusi Woos Foreign Investors, Assures Opportunities, Profit Margin In Nigeria

    May 8, 2025

    Dangote Accuses Oil ‘Cabal’ Of Sabotaging His $20B Refinery

    May 5, 2025
  • Politics

    Kwankwaso Speaks On Leaving NNPP Ahead Of 2027 Election

    August 28, 2025

    Gov. Yusuf To Probe Ganduje Over Alleged Sale Of Kano Abattoir

    August 27, 2025

    Ganduje Clean, Not Corrupt — Aide

    August 26, 2025

    APC Wins Kano Re-Run Election, Defeats NNPP

    August 17, 2025

    Police Restrict Movement Ahead Of By-Elections In Kano

    August 14, 2025
  • Environment
  • Sports
  • More
    • Entertainment
    • Opinions
    • Videos
    • Podcasts
    • Trending
  • About
    • Contact Us
    • Privacy Policy
GRASSROOTS PARROT
Home » Kano Gives Traders 24-Hours Quit Notice, Threatens Immediate Demolition
Business

Kano Gives Traders 24-Hours Quit Notice, Threatens Immediate Demolition

“We gave some of them the quit notice last week, now we give them 24 hours before we demolish and repair the places."
Editor IIIBy Editor IIIAugust 20, 2024
Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram
TRADERS

The Kano State government has given traders at some makeshift markets and other strategic locations within the metropolis a 24-hour ultimatum to vacate their respective locations with immediate effect.

The state government, through the Kano State Urban Planning and Development Authority, KNUPDA, gave the quit notice on Tuesday in Kano.

Grassroots Parrot reports that the affected areas included Sabon Gari, Ring Road Eastern Bypass, Dawanau Grains Market, Kabuga-Kofar Ruwa axis, and Zaria-Kura road.

It was gathered that some landlords along Sokoto Road were also served the quit notice because they allegedly erected their properties unlawfully contrary to the original town plans.

READ ALSO: Outrage As Deadly Erosion Threatens Existence Of Kano Communities

A Task Force Committee on Development Control set up by the state ministry of land issued the 24-hour ultimatum to the traders and landlords during its visit to the affected locations within the city on Tuesday.

WhatsApp Image 2024 08 20 at 4.52.15 PM

The committee, led by the Director of Administration and General Service in the Ministry of Land and Physical Planning, Hamid Sidi Ali, said the traders, numbering about 500, were unlawfully occupying the lands.

He urged the petty traders and others to remove their kiosky and manship shops as well as other movable properties and vacate the areas immediately.

READ ALSO: Kano Anti-Graft Commission Probes Kwankwaso, CoS Over Contract Scandal, Palliatives Diversion

“We gave some of them the quit notice last week, now we give them 24 hours before we demolish and repair the places.” He said.

Ali said the erections of their shops and houses on the affected lands were unlawful; therefore, they must vacate the vicinity with immediate effect or risk demolition.

Recall that the State Government had in June served a quit notice to about 5,000 traders around Idi mosque in Kofar-Mata area for illegally occupying the space.

However, Grassroots Parrot observes that the traders have gone back to the area shortly after the quit notice and maintain their dominance on the roadside hitherto.

Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

Related Posts

Suspected Drug Baron Kills Man In Ondo, Hides Body In Drum

August 29, 2025

Kwankwaso Speaks On Leaving NNPP Ahead Of 2027 Election

August 28, 2025

Police Arrest Son For Killing His Mother Over Witchcraft Allegation

August 28, 2025
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Latest Posts

Bribery Allegation: Kano Judicial Commission Sacks Worker, Demotes Court Registrar

February 10, 20251,079

Kano Govt Insists 6 p.m. to 6 a.m Curfew Remains Despite End of Hunger Protest

August 12, 20241,065

Kano Govt Clarifies Curfew Relaxation Amid Growing Rumours

August 4, 2024937

BREAKING: Kano Govt Suspends Curfew

August 12, 2024735
Don't Miss
Crime

Suspected Drug Baron Kills Man In Ondo, Hides Body In Drum

By Editor IIIAugust 29, 2025

Residents of Kajola in Odigbo Local Government Area of Ondo State have been thrown into…

Kwankwaso Speaks On Leaving NNPP Ahead Of 2027 Election

August 28, 2025

Police Arrest Son For Killing His Mother Over Witchcraft Allegation

August 28, 2025

Kano Police Arrest Notorious Thug Over Viral Weapon-Brandishing Videos

August 28, 2025
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Telegram
  • WhatsApp
About Us

Grassroots Parrot is a community-oriented online news medium focusing on social justice issues and how they are affecting people in the rural areas. We adopt tripod approaches of investigative, developmental and solution journalism to unearth developmental challenges and hold authorities accountable on possible...

Email Us: info@grassrootsparrot.com
Contact: +2348060183014

Facebook X (Twitter) WhatsApp Telegram
Recent Posts

Suspected Drug Baron Kills Man In Ondo, Hides Body In Drum

August 29, 2025

Kwankwaso Speaks On Leaving NNPP Ahead Of 2027 Election

August 28, 2025

Police Arrest Son For Killing His Mother Over Witchcraft Allegation

August 28, 2025
Most Popular

Bribery Allegation: Kano Judicial Commission Sacks Worker, Demotes Court Registrar

February 10, 20251,079

Kano Govt Insists 6 p.m. to 6 a.m Curfew Remains Despite End of Hunger Protest

August 12, 20241,065

Kano Govt Clarifies Curfew Relaxation Amid Growing Rumours

August 4, 2024937
© 2025 GRASSROOTS PARROT
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

WhatsApp Share