Close Menu
GRASSROOTS PARROT
  • Home
  • News
    • Crime
    • Health
    • Education
    • Agric
    • Climate Report
    • Economy
    • Women Affairs
    • Special Reports
    • Africa
  • Investigations
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Environment
  • Sports
  • More
    • Entertainment
    • Opinions
    • Videos
    • Podcasts
    • Trending
  • About
    • Contact Us
    • Privacy Policy
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Facebook X (Twitter) WhatsApp Telegram
GRASSROOTS PARROT
Subscribe
  • Home
  • News
    • Crime
    • Health
    • Education
    • Agric
    • Climate Report
    • Economy
    • Women Affairs
    • Special Reports
    • Africa
  • Investigations
  • Business

    Tinubu Signs Tax Reform Bills Into Law, Targets Investment and Revenue Growth

    June 26, 2025

    Tinubu Set To Sign Tax Reform Bills Into Law, Promises Fairer Economy For Nigerians

    June 26, 2025

    Blackout Looms As Electricity Workers Give Strike Notice

    June 5, 2025

    Emir Sanusi Woos Foreign Investors, Assures Opportunities, Profit Margin In Nigeria

    May 8, 2025

    Dangote Accuses Oil ‘Cabal’ Of Sabotaging His $20B Refinery

    May 5, 2025
  • Politics

    Kwankwaso Speaks On Leaving NNPP Ahead Of 2027 Election

    August 28, 2025

    Gov. Yusuf To Probe Ganduje Over Alleged Sale Of Kano Abattoir

    August 27, 2025

    Ganduje Clean, Not Corrupt — Aide

    August 26, 2025

    APC Wins Kano Re-Run Election, Defeats NNPP

    August 17, 2025

    Police Restrict Movement Ahead Of By-Elections In Kano

    August 14, 2025
  • Environment
  • Sports
  • More
    • Entertainment
    • Opinions
    • Videos
    • Podcasts
    • Trending
  • About
    • Contact Us
    • Privacy Policy
GRASSROOTS PARROT
Home » Yahaya Bello Remains Wanted, Not In Our Custody – EFCC
News

Yahaya Bello Remains Wanted, Not In Our Custody – EFCC

Editor IIIBy Editor IIISeptember 18, 2024
Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram
YAHAYA BELLO

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission EFCC on Wednesday said the former governor of Kogi State, Yahaya Bello was not in its custody.

The commission, in a statement on Wednesday by its spokesperson, Dele Oyewale, said that Bello remains wanted with a subsisting warrant of arrest.

According to the statement “Media reports today that a former Governor of Kogi State, Mr. Yahaya Bello is in the holding facility of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, is incorrect. The Commission wishes to state that Bello is not in its custody.

READ ALSO: Just In: Yahaya Bello Finally Honours EFCC Invitation

“Bello, already declared wanted by the Commission for alleged N80.2billion money laundering charges, remains wanted with a subsisting warrant for his arrest.”

Meanwhile, Yahaya Bello Media Office had earlier claimed in a statement on Wednesday morning that the former governor had honoured the EFCC invitation.

A statement signed by the Director of the Yahaya Bello Media Office, Ohiare Michael, Bello’s decision to appear before the anti-graft agency comes after consultations with his family, legal team, and political associates.

The statement was titled “Former Governor Yahaya Bello honours  EFCC’s invitation”

Bello was said to have been accompanied to the EFCC headquarters by several high-profile Nigerians.

The former governor has been in a running battle with the anti-graft agency over alleged financial impropriety while he was the number one citizen of Kogi.

READ ALSO: Yahaya Bello: EFCC Confirms Receipt Of $760,000 Refunds From Abuja American School

He and three others are facing 19 counts related to money laundering to the tune of N80.2 billion.

However, the statement disclosed that the former governor personally engaged with the EFCC to clear his name, stating he has “nothing to hide and nothing to fear.”

It said that he had previously pursued the enforcement of his fundamental rights to ensure due process in the ongoing investigation.

“The case has been before a competent court of jurisdiction, and Alhaji Yahaya Bello had been duly represented by his legal team at every hearing. It is important for the former Governor to now honour the invitation of the EFCC to clear his name as he has nothing to hide and nothing to fear.

“The former Governor believes firmly in the efforts of the administration of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu to place Nigeria on the path of sustainable economic development; and supports the fight against corruption in the country,” the statement read.

 

Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

Related Posts

FG Raises Alarm Over Immoral ‘Sign-Out’ Culture In Schools, Varsities

August 29, 2025

How Trailer Crushes Woman Returning From Farm In Abuja

August 29, 2025

Suspected Drug Baron Kills Man In Ondo, Hides Body In Drum

August 29, 2025
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Latest Posts

Bribery Allegation: Kano Judicial Commission Sacks Worker, Demotes Court Registrar

February 10, 20251,079

Kano Govt Insists 6 p.m. to 6 a.m Curfew Remains Despite End of Hunger Protest

August 12, 20241,065

Kano Govt Clarifies Curfew Relaxation Amid Growing Rumours

August 4, 2024937

BREAKING: Kano Govt Suspends Curfew

August 12, 2024735
Don't Miss
Opinions

When Brilliance is Mocked: The ₦200,000 Reward that Shamed Nigeria

By Editor1August 30, 2025

By Lamara Garba Azare In the theatre of nations, where countries display what they value…

FG Raises Alarm Over Immoral ‘Sign-Out’ Culture In Schools, Varsities

August 29, 2025

How Trailer Crushes Woman Returning From Farm In Abuja

August 29, 2025

Suspected Drug Baron Kills Man In Ondo, Hides Body In Drum

August 29, 2025
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Telegram
  • WhatsApp
About Us

Grassroots Parrot is a community-oriented online news medium focusing on social justice issues and how they are affecting people in the rural areas. We adopt tripod approaches of investigative, developmental and solution journalism to unearth developmental challenges and hold authorities accountable on possible...

Email Us: info@grassrootsparrot.com
Contact: +2348060183014

Facebook X (Twitter) WhatsApp Telegram
Recent Posts

When Brilliance is Mocked: The ₦200,000 Reward that Shamed Nigeria

August 30, 2025

FG Raises Alarm Over Immoral ‘Sign-Out’ Culture In Schools, Varsities

August 29, 2025

How Trailer Crushes Woman Returning From Farm In Abuja

August 29, 2025
Most Popular

Bribery Allegation: Kano Judicial Commission Sacks Worker, Demotes Court Registrar

February 10, 20251,079

Kano Govt Insists 6 p.m. to 6 a.m Curfew Remains Despite End of Hunger Protest

August 12, 20241,065

Kano Govt Clarifies Curfew Relaxation Amid Growing Rumours

August 4, 2024937
© 2025 GRASSROOTS PARROT
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

WhatsApp Share