The Kano State Police Command has announced a ban on Durbar activities during the upcoming 2025 Eid-El-Fitr celebrations, citing potential security risks and a preemptive move to maintain public safety.

The Commissioner of Police in the state, CP Ibrahim Adamu Bakori, stated that the decision followed extensive consultations with state government officials, security stakeholders, and community leaders.

According to Bakori, credible intelligence indicates potential attempts by unidentified miscreants to exploit the traditional Durbar events to disrupt public order.

READ ALSO: Emir Bayero Cancels Sallah Durbar As Tensions Rise In Kano

“We are committed to sustaining peace and security in Kano State, and our primary concern is the safety of all law-abiding residents during this important religious festival,” he said.

The police commissioner outlined strict security guidelines for worshippers, including prohibitions on carrying suspicious objects, horse riding, car racing, and reckless driving. He also urged parents to ensure that children are not manipulated by disruptive elements.

He advised worshippers to attend Eid prayers only at designated grounds, where enhanced security measures will be in place.

READ ALSO: JUST IN: Kano Police Ban Sallah Durbar

“Peace is paramount,” the Commissioner emphasized. “We must prioritize unity and set aside our differences for the progress of our state and nation.”

He added that residents can utilize the NPF Rescue Me Application, available on the Play Store, or contact the police through their social media platforms for additional support.

The Command urged all citizens to remain vigilant and cooperative during the Eid-El-Fitr celebrations.

Meanwhile, when asked whether the state government had given its consent before the Durbar ban, the State Commissioner for Information, Comrade Ibrahim Waiya, stated that they are planning to hold a press briefing soon, during which the government will announce its official position.

Grassroots Parrot recalls that the Kano State Police Command also banned Durbar activities during last year’s Salah celebrations, citing similar security concerns.

READ ALSO: Kano Durbar Historian Breaks Silence, Says Only Emir At Gidan Rumfa Can Lead Sallah Durbar

However, public affairs analysts have linked the development to the lingering emirate tussle in the state.

The Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II, and the 15th Emir of Kano, Aminu Bayero, had earlier planned separate Durbar celebrations before the latter withdrew on Wednesday, following consultations with stakeholders.

It is also noteworthy that the Court of Appeal sitting in Abuja on Tuesday set aside previous rulings against the reinstatement of Muhammadu Sanusi II as the 16th Emir of Kano.

Subsequently, the appellate court, upon acknowledging the transmission of the case record to the Supreme Court, directed all interested parties to exercise caution pending the hearing of their appeals at the apex court.

Share.
Leave A Reply

WhatsApp Share
Exit mobile version